Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

Holiday Writing


Image result for brown birdIt was another cold and shivering morning.  As I laid in bed, I could feel the breeze coming in from the window beside me, somehow a bird had flown in and it sat on the window seal unafraid of my presence.

Initially,  I didn't see or know the bird was inside the house. This was possibly  because I was distracted by the activity I was engaged with on my Ipad. It was the sound of a soft 'Tweet' that caught my attention. The reflection of my face on the mirror opposite me said it all, "What do I do? Should I take care of it? Should I just leave it?" Those three questions repeated in my head.

It was somewhat calm so I slowly got out of bed, made my way to the kitchen and broke some bread into small pieces for it's small mouth. I didn't really know if it wanted more bread or if it was happy about being fed because it kept tweeting as if it was singing.

I named the bird, Toast, I don't really know why but for some reason I've always wanted a pet named Toast. It flew away after eating all the bread I had given. I waved 'Bye' thinking that it wouldn't come back. But every morning, I'd wake up to see a bird beside me, probably because it wanted food.

Anyway.. that's a part of my boring holiday. Bye 'till next time.

4 comments:

  1. Very poetic Jayden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jayden, It's Rhys and I'm a year 5 at Grey Main school. I really like your story because I didn't know that someone could get that close to a bird. It's really cool Bye!








    you bothered


















    REALLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jayden! My names Erika and I'm from Saint Patrick's school (In Greymouth.) This writing was actually so interesting and it didn't sound boring at all. Every time I see a bird it always fly's away :(. Anyway maybe next time you could describe what the bird looked like? Anyway Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.