Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2016

I hope I can go to the bowling centre with my friends on my birthday!

On Saturday the 28th of May, my mum dropped me off at the bowling centre in Panmure for Akesa’s birthday in her silver car.

When I walked quickly inside to the party room, I saw Akesa, her mum and her cousins Soane, Baby Johnny, Patrick and Folau.

While we were waiting for our game of bowling to start, we played some arcade games. I played the basketball shooting game. I tried to shoot the round, orange balls into the hoop to gain points to earn tickets.

After that, we grabbed some bowling shoes so that we could bowl. I put on my shoes and walked to the bowling lane and we had two lanes to play in. Akesa and Folau went first and then it was my turn. I grabbed a light blue ball and I rolled the ball to try and hit the pins. I managed to hit six of them. We all had 10 turns each and then we played some more arcade games.

I played table hockey with Soane. The aim of the game was to try and hit the puck to score. The first one that gets up to 7, wins. It was really fun and Soane won.

Next I played deal or no deal and I earned 44 tickets. The aim of this game was to try and open the cases and try to get the lowest number possible. We had to get the lowest number because the higher the numbers were, the less tickets we earn.

Then I played another game of table hockey with Folau. We used our orange handles to hit the puck into the goals. I was the first one to get a goal but he won in the end.

After that, we fed all of our tickets through a big, purple machine and a receipt came out for us to claim our prizes.
Then, we walked back to the party room and ate some food. We all had a plate with a hot dog, chicken nuggets and chips with tomato sauce. We also had some drinks and I had a sprite. The food was delicious.

After we finished eating, Akesa’s mum gave us all lollie bag. It had some lollies in it, tickets and a little bouncy ball.  

Then we went to claim our prizes. I got three prizes, which were a soldier with a parachute, a yellow flute and a compass. I liked my prizes.

Next it was time to go home so I said, “Thank you” to Akesa’s mum and then my mum came to pick me up.

It was the best day ever because I got to go to my friend’s birthday celebration. I hope that we could go to the bowling centre again for my birthday with my friends.

Learning intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives and verbs to describe my weekend with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.